I realized something the other day: I keep thinking about and planning for the future. "I can't wait until (fill in the blank) happens in a month" or "Life is going to be so great when (blank) happens." But you know what I realized? Life is so good right now. So so so good. I mean, I don't know when the next time will be that I get to spend nearly every moment with Jordan. Probably never, actually. We're so lucky to have these several months to spend together this first year of marriage where our lives are relatively stress-free. Someone said to me the other day, "You spend all day with your husband? I bet you're ready for a full-time job again!" It boggled my mind. Doesn't everyone wish for this to be their life? I know, of course, that at some point we'll both be in school and working again. But until that time comes, I've decided to stop wishing away this wonderful time in our life. Because I know as soon as "life" begins again, I'm going to remember these times fondly. These are good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment