Oh man. It's been a while, huh? We've been so crazy busy these past couple of weeks, it's hard to keep up on here. This weekend was a blast. Jordan's siblings, Kalan and Anna, came and stayed with us Friday and Saturday and despite the drizzly skies and down subway lines, we went all over this crazy town. Harlem, Chelsea, Union Square, Upper East Side, we did it all! And we even managed to sneak in some late night chilling and hedgehog playing (because isn't that what weekends are all about?).
While Jordan was in class on Saturday, the three of us headed over to Chelsea Market and sampled every sample there was to sample, including vanilla infused salt and dark chocolate balsamic vinegar. Seriously, we were doing shots of different flavored olive oils and vinegars. Because we are crazy and it was free. We enjoyed the canteloupe juice and chocolate truffles a smidgen more ;)
Next, we met up with Jordan and trekked over to the Upper East Side and popped into Dylan's Candy Bar for some sweet treats. It's basically Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory and every child in there was on a sugar high/crashing and burning. I am happy to report Kalan and Anna left the store tantrum-free. Well done kids.Sunday was Anna's birthday (She's turning 14 and she's like 5'8. Life's so not fair) so we headed to Serendipity's for dessert (and dinner because we had to). I mean seriously, their dinner menu is nothing to brag about, but their desserts. Holy cow. We each ordered a dessert (frozen hot chocolate, chocolate cake sundae, cheese cake) and passed each around the table every 30 seconds. I'm pretty sure I've been training for this moment my entire life! I inhale chocolate like it's nobody's business, so needless to say, it was a huge disappointment to see that I went completely weak when faced with so much sugar. By the end, we were staring into our empty bowls, cursing our bodies for letting us down. But it was all worth it because it was Anna's birthday and shoot, that's just what you do for birthdays!
So happy birthday to Anna! And thanks for making us feel cool and staying with us for the weekend. Looking back I realize that all we really did was eat food, but if it's okay with you, it's definitely okay with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment