Thursday, February 2, 2012

That's not my name

In the past month, I have experienced some pretty serious life changes.

I got married.
I moved in with a boy (ahhh!)
I started my student teaching.
I allowed myself to start eating more cake.

The most interesting, though, would have to be having a different last name.
I went from having a pretty "easy" name
to a "difficult" name.

Bailey = easy
Lysenko = difficult

But I like it. I like it a lot.



Wanna know a funny story?
Excellent.

My 7th grade students have the hardest time remembering my name.
I get all sorts of variations.

"Mrs...Lysinski!"
"Ly...senka!"
"Lysurka!"

...Lysurka? really?
Really.

The other day a student came up to me, struggling to say my name.
The scary thing?
I struggled right along with him.

Student: "Oh hey, Mrs...Lysin..."
Me: "Lysenskaaaa...wait, what?"

Yeah.
I momentarily forgot my own name.

Fail. 

Luckily it hasn't happened since.
I'll try and keep it that way...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...