Thursday, March 22, 2012

Apple Baked Goodness

Call me ridiculous, but for some reason, things just taste better when they're miniature. 
Cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, cake pops...
Plus, they're already portioned so you don't have to feel guilty about cutting a piece the size of Texas. 
(I mean, who would do that? Psh)

 

So in the spirit of all things small and cute, I made mini caramel apple pies on Sunday. 
Without tooting my horn too much, I must tell you that they turned out pretty dang amazing
Not that it was all me. No no no.
Jordan saved the day on numerous occasions.
Also, I found an amazing (although time consuming) recipe.
Check it out here.
(I added cinnamon because it's just not apple pie without it)
I also followed the instructions on this site to make them miniature size.


Served with some vanilla ice cream and BAM! 
Deliciousness.
I liked that the recipe used homemade caramel in it. 
It was an interesting twist to normal apple pie.


I think I'm starting to like this whole baking thing... :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...