Friday, March 23, 2012

Tales of a Hedgehog

Yesterday was an Elliott day.
His heater broke (yes, he has his own heater) so we hauled ourselves over
to Bed Bath & Beyond and used up one of our wedding gift cards to buy him a new heater.

Random hedgehog fact:
Hedgehogs shouldn't be left in rooms that are less than 73 degrees.
If they get too cold, they hibernate, and then die. 
Hence, Elliott having his own heater.
(he's soooooooo high maintenance)

    
[picture taken pre-Elliott when a stuffed hedgehog was as close as we could get to the real deal]

We also ventured over to Petsmart and bought Elliott...
meal worms.
MEAL WORMS.
ew. gross.
Jordan said Elliott would love them.
Hedgehogs eat insects in the wild and apparently, meal worms are the equivalent of
caramel apple pie to little wild hedgehogs.
I said I didn't care if Elliott DID love them, they're still disgusting.

I was convinced that Elliott would be rational, like me, and turn his nose up at them like he does to everything else we offer him.
Much to my chagrin,
not only did Elliott like them, he LOVED them. 
They're his new favorite treat!
He's perky and antsy and even let Jordan pet his quills yesterday! 

Guys, this is huge.
Most days he's comatose until midnight rolls around.
Then I'm ready to go to bed and he's ready to act alive.
But not yesterday.
He was one happy and satisfied hedgie.

I still haven't decided whether or not I'm mad at Elliott for acting like such a hedgehog. 
So for the time being, the little guy will continue eating his meal worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...