It has recently come to my attention that there is a possibility that our apartment in NYC may not have an oven. Or stove top. Or full-size fridge. Or more than 250 sq. feet.
I will admit that I may have had a slight panic attack when I realized there could be zero cupcake baking, bread making, or any other type of baking/cooking/eating/happiness occurring the next 2 years of my life. I mean, that's just crazy talk.
I have taken some time since this discovery and come up with some alternatives to this new lifestyle we could be living. For example, instead of baking chicken, we could just throw it in a crock pot. Instead of cooking egg toast on the stove, we'll just whip out our fancy griddle instead.
The baking part, though, had me stumped for a while. That is until I found this app for my phone:
Tada!
You bake cupcakes on your PHONE! Basically it is the best app on my phone.
Here's what you do:
1. Pick a flavor of cake. I chose chocolate. Duh.

2. Add the eggs, oil and water. Then stir it up reaaaal nice.
3. Choose little cupcake tins and scoop the batter into the tins.
(I am sooooo much messier at this in real life)
4. Ding! Perfectly baked cupcakes pop out of the oven and you decide how to decorate them! You can even decorate each cupcake differently!
This app has tons of perks. I mean, no messy kitchen, no frosting making (my least favorite part fo sho) and it takes you oh, about 5 minutes total. You can even message them to your friends! So don't be surprised if you receive virtual cupcakes from me. Now if they could just figure out a way to let you lick the bowl...




Might I recommend a real cupcake maker? :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.target.com/p/Bella-Cupcake-Maker/-/A-13374494?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|13374494&CPNG=NoCPNG&ci_sku=13374494&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=
Easy bake oven
ReplyDeleteRachel, you're a genius. I'm remembering that that's an option, just in case!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Kara, yes.