Every so often, Jordan surprises me with just how romantical he can be.
Around 10:30 tonight, he tells me that his mom called and needed our help at her house that's under construction. He mumbles something vague about not knowing exactly what she needed, so, confused, I jump in the car with him and head on over.
As we get to her house, I see that nobody's there. Jordan turns off the car, gets out and walks into the huge open field in front of the house. As I get out of the car, I notice the thousands of lightning bugs glowing in the trees surrounding us. They looked like glitter. I haven't seen lightning bugs in years and we just stood there together, watching them twinkle. After a little while, we got back in the car and headed back home.
Helping me remember to enjoy the simple things in life.
Love that man of mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment