Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life update

Wow. These last few weeks have been busy and wonderful and exciting.
I haven't been good at recording everything that's been going on, so for my sake, here's a little catch-up post on our life as of late. 

//Jordan got a cool new artsy haircut. He's now ready for art school in Chelsea.
//I dyed my hair for the first time. I was scared so it's only a few shades darker. Baby steps...
//We went and saw The Head and the Heart perform at Prospect Park in Brooklyn for free. We saw them open for a show last year in Salt Lake and it was great to see them again this year. 
//Jordan has been working in the city off and on doing work for a creative company. He takes the train in  early in the morning and gets back late at night. We'll be excited once we no longer have to commute!
//I've been working as a personal assistant part-time and did a small PR gig yesterday in the city. Kind of got me thinking about career options in PR...?
//We saw Wicked and The Lion King on Broadway with the family. Although we had already seen them both, they still blew us completely away. The girls also had their picture taken with the Naked Cowboy in Times Square :) Christmas newsletter picture!
// My little sister, Rachel, is getting married THIS Saturday and I can hardly believe it! We fly out tomorrow and get to spend all weekend with the family. It is going to be wonderful.

and saving the very best news of all for last, 
we got an apartment in the city!

It's kind of a miracle, really. The place we found is so much better than anything we'd imagined, both in terms of size and price. And want to know the best part? It has countertops and a full. size. oven. SCORE. We move in in a couple of weeks and don't even think we haven't been obsessing over how we're going to decorate it. So everyone start planning your trips out here immediately. We're moving to the city!



4 comments:

  1. I want to see his new hair cut. and your color. I'm going to dye mine too-light brown. congrats to your sissy. have fun at the wedding! and duh I want to see pics of the new place

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLD THE PHONE. That photo. Is that where you're living?? Cause that's definitely a BLOCK away from where I was living. That's the 125th street station. Are you living in Morningside Heights!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PAIGE. We unfortunately aren't moving to 125th. We're further east, around 116th and 7th ave. I took that picture when we were visiting friends there. Cool area though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STILL. Very cool. Ahh. Congraaaaaats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...