Thursday, May 30, 2013

day two.

Moving on to day two with my parents! We had another lazy morning around the apartment, then headed over to Chelsea Market for lunch and shopping. I seriously love that place. We ended up getting a few uniquely flavored spices, a pretty dress for me, some Fat Witch brownies (a bag full of just the end pieces :), and lobster for lunch.
It was a drizzly day, but we braved the raindrops for a walk across the Highline, another of my Chelsea favorites. Everything was much more green and vibrant than my previous visit. We had plans to check out the Brooklyn Flea afterwards, but the rain prompted us to go see the new Star Trek movie instead. You guys, you don't know how excited we were for this. It was our first time seeing a movie in the city and it was honestly heaven. We loved the movie, almost as much as the never-ending bowl of popcorn ;)
After the movie, we made our way down to Soho for a late night dinner at Cafe Habana. We had the Cuban sandwiches (of course) with a side of Mexican corn. I loved getting to share these favorite places of mine with my parents and letting them experience New York as I have this past year. The best part: having them in town is the perfect excuse to visit all our favorite places in just 5 days. I really can't think of anything better!

1 comment:

  1. Love this. :)
    The Highline is probably the thing I miss most about NYC.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...