Tuesday, June 4, 2013

day three & day four.

Day three of my parents' trip was a Sunday so we walked up to our church building in Harlem for Stake Conference. It was a rainy, drizzly day, so we sadly canceled our plans for a picnic in the park that afternoon. We lounged around the apartment, took naps, made dinner, and ate lots of banana pudding. A quiet day, but kind of nice to catch up after a busy Saturday.
Monday morning I actually had to go into work until noon (silly, I know), but afterwards, we grabbed some lunch nearby my work and ate in Bryant Park, Mom and Dad bought me pretty new running shoes, then we headed over to Central Park. I had never seen Bethesda Fountain, so we walked in that direction. I think this marked the first truly humid day here in the city and I won't sugarcoat it: I. hate. humidity. With a passion. So there was that going on. We sat and enjoyed the fountain while listening to a couple of pretty impressive musicians. If you closed your eyes, you could almost believe you were someplace in Europe ;)
We grabbed some dinner at Shake Shack on the UWS (Dad was definitely a fan of the concretes) before heading to Citifield for a Mets game. I got my first Mets hat and it was a wonderful game despite the Mets losing. Fun fact: I've never been to a Mets game when they've won. So I guess it's tradition?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...