We made it! The finally days of my parents' trip. Tuesday morning I had to go into work again until noon, but afterwards, we headed down to Chinatown and did some exploring. We found tiny little turtles in shops (apparently they're illegal, but oh so cute), ate some dumplings and noodle soup, and walked through the park filled with the elders of the community.

We walked towards Soho and finally made it to Rice to Riches for some rice pudding. We'd probably walked past there 3 times in the previous few days, but had never had any room for dessert! This time we made room ;) My parents got a kick out of all the sassy signs that fill the store. They certainly don't hide the fact that it's fattening! Afterwards, we headed to our very favorite place for burgers, 5 Napkin. We saved the best for last and stuffed ourselves silly. We were about to head off to see a Broadway show, but checked our tickets to find that they were for the previous day and there wasn't a show playing that night. Total bummer, but instead we went and saw The Great Gatsby instead which was probably just as fun :) Jordan and I felt like the luckiest kids in the city having seen TWO movies in less than a week!
The next day I had to work the entire day, but got to have lunch with my parents before their flight at where else, but Chipotle. I mean, it just had to be done, right? It was so hard to say our goodbyes, not knowing when we'd see each other next. But I am so grateful that they made time to come see us and let us play tour guide for a few days. They spoiled us silly and we had the best time. Let's just say I'm already planning what we'll do when they come visit us again next year... :)






Man, having parents visit is THE best. We loved when my parents came last summer here to Switzerland. I knew it would be great, but it was even better than I imagined.
ReplyDeleteSounded like a great few days with them!