This weekend was a bit of a dream come true, so I think it's best I write it down so I can remember just how wonderful it was. We woke up late Saturday morning, no alarm, nothing. After lounging around a bit, Jordan suggested we look through my closet and do a bit of a cleanse. Okay sure? So we sorted my clothes into piles: clothes that I love, clothes that I can live with, and clothes that should never see the light of day. I'm embarrassed to admit that half my closet fit in that last category. Shirts that have holes, shirts that have stains, shirts that have holes and stains... it wasn't pretty. At times it was like a scene out of What Not to Wear. You know, when they have them put on the most hideous and unflattering dress in their closet and the contestant's like "What?! It's a great dress!" and Clinton and Stacy are like "You heathen." There may have been some of that going on.
After sorting my piles, I had about 10 items hanging in my closet of things that I loved, and a huge pile of things that needed replacing. And this is the part of the story where Jordan reveals to me that he's done a bit of magic and arranged for me to go on a shopping spree.
For real, you guys.
A shopping spree.
What, am I on the Bachelorette or something? For the girl who only buys clothes a couple times a year, I could hardly believe that he had pulled something like this off. I won't go into details, but we've been working really hard lately at budgeting and paying off student loans (Dave Ramsey is my cheerleader!), which can make waking up to a closet full of clothes from high school incredibly depressing. Getting dressed has been frustrating and Jordan has witnessed more than one "I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR" melt-downs.
After questioning Jordan exactly how we could afford to make this happen, I managed to just accept this sweet and thoughtful gift and we headed out towards Soho. We returned 9 hours later, with sore feet, happy hearts, and a closet full of beautiful new threads (and even came in under budget!). I'm not sure I can sing enough praises for Jordan. How many men care enough to plan such an adventure, let alone walk around the (huuuuuumid) city for nine hours experiencing the whole thing with their wife? He watched me try on outfit after outfit, carried countless bags, and told me how great I looked in everything I tried on. I guess in the end, the whole day was so much more than a closet full of new clothes. It was just one more example of how he continues to show his love for me and make me feel special.

I just love this. Everything about it. And you both, especially.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a wonderful husband. And yes, a dream come true. Where did you get most of your new clothes? I can't wait to fully replace my high school/early college wardrobe someday.
ReplyDeletethat is sooo great. What a perfect way he did it too having you get rid of things you know you dont want and then surprising you with a chance to fill your closet with ones you do. love it. Love sweet moments like this in marriage. Enjoy wearing your new clothes!
ReplyDelete