Saturday, March 17, 2012

10 Things that Make me Happy

 


These past couple of weeks has been pretty hectic (it's that time of year again!) so I thought I'd slow down and jot a few things down that make me happy right now. 

1. Pie shakes from Sammy's. Especially the Chocolate Cream Oreo kind. So good you don't even care about the calories.
2. Beautiful sunshiny days that make you think it's spring.
3. Imagining with Jordan what our first post-graduation summer will look like...sigh
4. Having a clean house again. It seriously does wonders to my productivity level at home.
5. Elliott's cute little face. He has most definitely stolen our hearts. He's developed quite the group of admirers, too. Such a popular little guy.
6.Going on late night (yes, 8:00 is late in my book. And yes, I am an old lady) Dairy Queen runs with Gretchen. I can never get enough of that girl. Sheesh.
7. Buying fresh flowers at the store. Our living room smells wonderful now!
8. Trying out new recipes. I made Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas this week. BIG hit with the husband. Tomorrow's recipe: mini apple pies. Wish me luck.
9. Window shopping online. I'm so glad I married someone one understands the need for pretty things. We've decided we need to learn how to become better thrift shoppers in order to keep this desire more balanced...
10. Jordan. Each day just reinforces to me what a good match we are for each other. We're definitely not perfect people, but we work hard and become even better friends every day. And that makes me so incredibly happy.

3 comments:

  1. i had an incredibly powerful urge to check on elliott today; so, i'm really glad you posted so i know he's doing well.

    (i wish i were kidding. i really did think about texting you to see how he's doing.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...