Thursday, April 18, 2013

my new york.

^ the most beautiful, delicious looking tulips in Rockefeller ^

I've heard several people say, "Don't ever consider leaving New York in the winter. Wait until spring and you'll remember all the reasons you love this city." From what I've experienced of spring so far in the city, I wholeheartedly agree. The city becomes an entirely different place -- trees seem to pop out of nowhere covered with popcorn, dark, heavy coats are traded in for trenchcoats and rainboots, and dare I say, people are noticeably happier. It's as if the whole city is shouting, "Be gone winter!" I don't even mind the occasional rainy day or tourist-filled Rockefeller Plaza lunch breaks. The warm days and rejuvination of life more than make up for it.
^ a misty day in Midtown ^

^ budding trees on my way to work ^

^ lunching outside in Rockefeller ^

^ an after-work Ben & Jerry's treat (Cherry Garcia forever!) ^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...