Friday, April 26, 2013

union square evening.






I ran a few errands for Jordan after work yesterday and was happy for the excuse to head down to Union Square for a change (in the sunshine!). It hit me only just recently that I spend the majority of my time commuting between Harlem and Midtown. Mornings in Harlem, Midtown during the day, Harlem again at night. Doesn't leave much time for exploring the rest of the city, so I relish any opportunity to break the routine. Midtown is full of suits, Harlem is full of... hoodrats? But Union Square is full of young people. For someone who spent the past five years on a college campus, it's like a breath of fresh air. NYU is in the vicinity and there's a different energy than when strolling through Rockefeller. Students are seated on rugs beating away on drums. Another group is circled around a couple of break-dancers. And the chess players... I could watch them for days. All I know is, this city has a whole lot more to show me. Looks like we'll have to stick around a little while... :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...