Sunday, October 20, 2013

40 cakes: pumpkin dream cake with maple cinnamon cream cheese frosting.

Pumpkin-dream-cake3 Pumpkin Dream Cake

Cake #2: Pumpkin Dream Cake with Maple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe from here)

Notes: I halved the recipe to make a three-layer 6" cake instead of a 9" cake. The cakes baked for 45 minutes, which is actually a bit longer than the recipe called for. I was expecting them to take less time. The cakes also came out a bit dense. I might add a bit more baking soda next time to make the cake a bit lighter, but maybe I did something wrong? Not exactly sure. 

Review: LOVED the frosting. I wanted to just sit down with a spoon and eat it straight out of the bowl. I'm dreaming of drizzling this over cinnamon rolls. Also pancakes, french toast... broccoli. Absolutely everything. The cake itself was good, but a bit boring on its own. The recipe doesn't call for any spices, which is okay when you're eating it with the frosting, but I think next time I would add a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. The texture was a bit dense, like I mentioned earlier, and I would have preferred a lighter cake. But overall, the cake was excellent paired with the frosting and perfect to make for this time of year. 

Two cakes down, thirty-eight to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...