Monday, October 7, 2013

birthday weekend.

Jordan's Birthday

Jordan's Birthday

Thursday was Jordan's birthday so we celebrated all. weekend. long. I'm completely exhausted today, but my stomach is saying "WORTH IT". Jordan had class on his birthday until 10 pm so I had dinner waiting for him when he got home (he requested these, excellent choice) and a big ole pile of donuts stacked with candles. He's not the biggest fan of cakes, so this year I just embraced his love for donuts and stopped by Donut Pub on the way home. I cleaned them fresh out of their Boston Cremes because those are his favorite. Also, did you know that donuts are becoming a "thing?" They're the totally the new cupcake and man is it getting hard to find a decently priced and non-over-hyped donut these days. I digress.

After dinner and presents and donut-inhaling, we jumped into bed and started Season 3 of Walking Dead (now on Netflix!) on Jordan's iPad until 2 in the morning. It was low-key but I just have to say, it feels completely luxerious to watch a movie in bed. You can turn the lights off, drift off when your eyes refuse to stay open anymore, and you don't have to move rooms once the movie's over. A dream come true for this chronic movie-sleeper. Usually, we're both sprawled across our one couch and fighting for legroom. First world problems, eh? ;)

Friday night we took the train to White Plains where we met Jordan's family for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. It's proooobably (one of?) our favorite place(s) to eat and I'm incredibly angry/confused/surprised that there isn't one in the city. How rude to make us leave this food mecca in search of 2,000 calorie salads and 50 choices of cheesecake. I mean, come on already. We ordered our favorites and got cheesecake to go. We stayed in CT Friday night and chilled with the family Saturday while watching conference. Then we headed back into the city later that night and celebrated with burgers and shakes with some friends at Shake Shack. We covered alllll our bases to make sure this birthday was properly celebrated ;)

Congratulations on turning 25, Jordan! Thanks for paving the way for me. I hope 25 looks just as wonderful on me next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...