Monday, December 17, 2012

Tiana's Sweet & Salty Bark


Oh you guys. Remember how I promised to share this recipe with you? The time has come. I made this last week on a whim and seriously, it's better than I remember. Tiana would make this for us as roommates during Christmas and we all went crazy for it. Jordan came home that night and ate about 10 pieces (which is kind of a big deal seeing as he rarely eats sweet things) and we're constantly sneaking into the freezer for pieces. I love that it's super easy and quick to make and is the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. It basically makes all of your hopes and dreams come true.

Saltines (I used 1 sleeve)
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate

First, line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Then arrange the saltines on the cookie sheet so they lay side by side and fill the sheet.

Next, melt the butter in a pan over low heat and add the sugar once the butter melts. Increase the heat to medium and allow the butter to brown. Keep an eye on the mixture and stir frequently so the butter doesn't burn. Once the butter browns, pour the mixture over the saltines and coat evenly. Pop the tray into the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on it and remove once the butter begins to bubble and the saltines start to move around.

While the crackers bake, put your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt until liquid. When the crackers are finished baking, pour the melted chocolate over the crackers. Feel free to add any other candy to the chocolate to mix things up! (bits of heath bar or peppermints would be delicious)

Once the tray cools slightly, put the cookie sheet into the freezer for an hour or so. Once chilled, remove from freezer and break apart into smaller pieces (I just used my hands). Store in freezer so that the chocolate doesn't melt. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...