It's a little hard to believe that today is the last day of 2012. I mean, it was a pretty huge year for us and it makes me think, what's ahead for us in 2013? Because I really have no clue. We crossed most major life changes off the list this year that it feels like life will be quieting down a bit. And sometimes quiet is nice. But before I get ahead of myself, I want to take a minute and remember all that's happened this past year. Because you know what? It was a great year and I'm curious to see how this next year can possibly top it.
Here's what our year looked like:
+ brought home a very grumpy hedgehog (best decision ever)
+ discovered a love (although not necessarily skill) for baking
+ finished student teaching 7th graders
+ graduated from college and kissed Utah goodbye
+ packed everything we own into our car and moved across the country
+ sold both of our cars and bought metro cards instead
+ moved to New York City
+ had a total of 3 addresses
+ watched the baby sister get married
+ Jordan was accepted to/started graduate school as an illustrator
+ started my first "real" job
+ survived Hurricane Sandy
+ unexpectedly spent my birthday in Boston (thank you sweet husband!)
+ celebrated our first year of marriage by eating cake, of course
+ and probably most importantly of all, my hair grew! I might even get away with calling it long?
See what I mean? 2013, you've got your work cut out for you.
kid you not, i had a convo with my bff this morning about how she wants a hedgehog and i told her i'd heard a lot of stories about them being unfriendly...haha
ReplyDeleteNot gonna lie, they're testy little creatures... but they're like grumpy old men. So cute and endearing that you can't help but love them to pieces!
Deletei was at target the other day and saw some cute hedgehog socks and literally thought of you.
ReplyDeleteHahaha this made my day. And I want those socks!
Delete