Thursday, November 15, 2012

Friday in NYC, Saturday in Boston

Finally pictures of Boston! So Friday was my birthday and the night before, Jordan told me that I should meet him at the Grand Street Station in Chinatown after work the next day. I thought we'd probably walk around a bit and find some dim sum for dinner, which I was pretty excited about. Love me some dumplings.


After a few minutes of waiting, Jordan showed up with a cupcake and some papers. "Open them! Quick!" he said, referring to the papers. Confused, I opened the papers to find this:


He had surprised me with a weekend getaway to Boston! We hopped on a bus shortly afterwards and made it to Boston around midnight. I couldn't get over how he had planned everything without me knowing! Such a sneaky boy.

One of our first stops of the day was to grab a bowl of clam chowder in a bread bowl. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to visit Boston without doing so. See that bowl of delicious goodness? I inhaled that thing.


Quincy Market area was our fave. There were tons of performers throughout the day. We probably creeped them out we saw their shows so many times. Who can resist an act featuring one grown man balancing upside down on the head of another grown man? Not us apparently.


Saddest part of our trip: Jordan's only request for the trip was that we visit the aquarium. We were all excited and taking pictures and ready to go when we saw a sign saying the shark tank was under renovations! Well, what point is there in going to the aquarium when you can't see any sharks, I ask you! None. Exactly. So we didn't go. And Jordan cried the rest of the day.


A picture of the two of us (keeping myself on target to meet goal #15). As ornery as Jordan gets about taking pictures, he sure looks amazing in them ;)




We were getting pretty punchy by the end of the day and would burst out laughing anytime the other person said how we were going to go down to Chinatown (and trust me, it was said a lot). I know. Like, how mature are we anyway?


The beautiful little bed & breakfast we stayed at just outside of the city. It was fun to experience both the city and the suburbs. Weird coincidence: the woman who hosted us has a background in education and her husband is an artist! We felt an immediate kinship.


On Sunday, we found ourselves at a local antiques fair. It was way too much fun and reminded us of our time in Brimfield. Speaking of which, we ran into a dealer who sold us a few crates in Brimfield! We'd like to think we are now a part of the inner antiques circle. Trust me, it's an exclusive group to break into.


We scored this amazing map of New York City that is actually quite large. We loved the faded colors and texture to it. Too bad it doesn't go far enough up to show where we live...Looks like we'll have to move to the West Village?



Boston Commons. A beautiful place to rest our poor, tired feet. We did a lot of walking. Like, a lot. Good thing we're used to it kinda? Not pictured: after this we ventured over to Newbury Street and then found ourselves at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Oh how we love the Cheesecake Factory. We're shocked that they don't have one in NYC. They should get on that pronto. We had an amazing dinner then took some cheesecake to go and ate it while watching Sherlocks Holmes 2 in bed that night :)

Embarrassing story: I always always always fall asleep during movies. Always. We tried watching this movie several months ago, but I fell asleep. So we rented it our first night in Boston and I fell asleep watching it both Saturday night and Sunday night. I can proudly admit that I finally finished it Monday morning as we finished getting ready to leave for home. Seriously? It's ridiculous. (And it's a good thing Jordan liked that movie...poor guy)




We made it home Monday evening and were welcomed by these lovely views of the city. It's strange how seeing the skyline already feels like I'm coming home to me.

We had such a wonderful time in Boston and I officially hand over the birthday celebrating crown to Jordan. He wins this year, but he better watch out for his birthday next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...