Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Healthifying


After this post I'm sure this will be hard to believe, but I joined a gym. No seriously, I did! And I've actually been going! I won't even try to pretend like my workouts are strenuous, but hey, the first step is going right? I chose this particular gym because it's close enough to my apartment to be convenient, but far enough away that I can still take the subway to get there. Does that seem ironic? Baby steps, everyone.

I would have to say that the most surprising part of going to the gym is the amount of temptations I face every time I walk through the door. Get this: every first Monday of the month there's free pizza, free bagels on Tuesday mornings, free cupcakes if the gym reaches some sort of goal, and a bowl of candy as you walk out the door. Are you kidding me? I feel like I'm on Biggest Loser with all the temptations they're throwing at me. Don't they know I'm at the gym because I can't resist those kinds of deals? I will admit, they know their target audience pre-tty dang well and I suppose they understand how to make sure we all keep coming back. Nice try, you sneaky little gym. I will not succumb to your wily ways. I think.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on joining a gym! I definitely need to do that too!

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the heck with those little snacks?! not cool, guys. not cool! i used to go to a coldstone's ice cream shop that was right next door to a 'curves' fitness center and it always just seemed super messed up to me haha probably because i have NO willpower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! And sometimes it's not even that I want whatever's in that bowl on the way out, but the fact that it's sugary and so easily available...I mean come on guys, it's hard enough exercising in the first place! hah.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...