Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Book swap
I've been on a reading spree these past few months thanks to my handy-dandy library card and semi-recent graduation (seriously, does anybody have time to read for fun during college??). It's been a breath of fresh air to remember how much I love diving into a good book and tuning out the outside world. I feel like I'm rediscovering one of my biggest passions in life and feel guilty that I haven't made it more of a priority these past several years. Think of all the books I've missing out on! Don't worry, though. I have about 30 books on hold for me at the library and get giddy every time I receive an email telling me another book is ready to be picked up (just ask Jordan. I literally plan my weekends around when I can go to the library). I read on the subway, during my lunch break, when I get home at night... I'm such a nerd. It's like I majored in reading or something. Oh wait ;)
So. Are you looking for something good to read? Here are the books I've been reading recently and would heartily recommend all of them:
Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
My Life in France by Julia Child
Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
I've also got a pretty good start on my goal of reading through 10 cookbooks in a year. So far I've been drooling my way through these mouth-watering books:
Pure Vanilla by Shauna Sever
Miette by Meg Ray
The Sprouted Kitchen by Sara Forte
La Tartine Gourmande by Beatrice Peltre
Seriously. Try convincing yourself that you should go snack on some carrots after flipping through the pages of Pure Vanilla or Miette. Nope. Not happening. Your body's all like, "Nice try. Now give me some cake." So sassy.
All right, I showed you mine, now you show me yours. Any recommendations on what I should add to my reading list?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment