These brown butter chocolate chip cookies and this baked ziti that Jordan made earlier this week. I love when we make something delicious and have leftovers for lunch throughout the week. So much better than sandwiches. (and the brown butter really does make all the difference in the cookies!)
Wearing
Lots of business-y work type clothes. In fact, I took my first pair of pants to the dry cleaners the other day. I felt very grown-up and mature, and also realized how much I missed wearing jeans...
Loving
That Jordan helped me put together an advent calendar the other night. We sat down and wrote down a fun (and sometimes simple) Christmas activity to do together for every day leading up to Christmas. I feel like I never fully experience the holidays due to school-related (or wedding planning) stress, so I'm keeping a resolution to myself to not let the Christmas season pass me by this year.
Feeling
Love. Love for my family, love for Jordan, love for little Elliott. This time of year really brings people together (thumbs up for Google chat) and reminds me how lucky I am to have these people (& hedgehog) in my life.
Wanting
To make Tiana's sweet and salty chocolate bark as well as her peppermint ice cream/Oreo dessert. If I end up making them, I will try my hardest to post the recipes. They're incredibly easy to make and taste like Christmas magic! (No, but really.)
Needing
To start planning what we should do for our 1 year anniversary! It's just a couple of weeks away and I want to do something fun for Jordan. Any ideas? (Also, how in the world has it only been/already is our anniversary?! It feels like we've been together forever/just got married. Know what I mean?)
Thinking
About how we're flying out for Christmas to spend the entire week with my family in Albuquerque. I feel so lucky to get the whole week off and can't tell you how happy I am to see my family again. I haven't seen them since Rachel's wedding in August! For a girl who's used to see her family on a weekly/monthly basis, it's been waaaay way way too long.
Enjoying
My daily routines. I don't mind waking up early because I know I get to have my peanut butter banana smoothie. I enjoy my subway reading time. I love tidying up our apartment before bed and reading a few chapters of my book before going to sleep. I was afraid that this stage of my life would feel monotonous, but I'm coming to find the beauty in my routines.
It does a Mother's heart good to see how happy her daughter is! Love you so much!
ReplyDeleteoh! I'm so excited for you to go to Albuquerque for Christmas and take tons of photos! I've always wanted to go there. And lets see photos of your advent calendars!
ReplyDeleteI love your daily routines and I feel the same way about mine :) haha although I am trying to work on the getting up earlier part!
ReplyDeleteHaha I should have mentioned that "early" to me means 7:15... Life is rough ;)
Delete