Sunday, September 8, 2013

book of mormon challenge results.

Scripture I'm about a week late in posting my results to the Book of Mormon challenge, but it took me a bit of time to reflect on what I learned throughout the past month. I guess I should let you know that I only made it through 3 Nephi, and still have some reading to do before I finish the book. Normally, that would kind of result would feel like a defeat. But I can't help but feel like it was a huge victory for me. Reading this sacred book became the foundation of my day. I read before I went to work, I read on the subway, I read on my lunchbreaks. I even listened to it as I walked all throughout the city. And you know what? I really came to love it. For once, I became fully immersed in the scriptures. I came to know the prophets of old and witnessed the patterns and cycles of these people. And more than anything, I came to feel of God's love for His children. I felt His mercy and His patience. I read countless accounts that show how He blesses us when we follow Him. I personally felt of His love for me. This book truly does testify of my Savior Jesus Christ and I have a testimony that anyone who reads this book can draw closer to Him. This book has the power to change your life if you let it, and I'm grateful to have read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...