These past couple of weeks have been a huge transition for us. I work during the day, and Jordan is at his studio all day and in class all night. We see each other about 30 minutes at night during the week, and are both so exhausted by the end of the day, it's all we can do to just say good night and head to bed. We were so spoiled over the summer. We'd both work during the day, then have our nights free to have dinner together, watch 24, go to bed at the same time. It all sounds so dreamy now! Honestly, I feel bad even complaining about it all because I know so many couples have it worse. My sister, Rachel, was apart from her husband all summer and I don't know how they did it. We're still figuring things out, and I'm hopeful that things will smooth out as time goes on. April can't get here fast enough!
The phrase "living for the weekend" has new meaning in my life these days. If I can just make it to the weekend, I'll have all the quality time with Jordan I need. We'll have time to do something fun and catch up on everything that happened during the week. For our "D" date, we headed down to Chelsea, grabbed donuts from Doughnut Plant, and walked along the Highline (I almost feel traitorous saying it, but we both thought our donuts were...lacking. I think we may have preferred a couple of glazed Krispy Kremes instead). We've actually done this date before, last October. It's the perfect transitioning-into-Fall date. I think the Highline is best visited when there's a slight chill in the air and the hordes of people are slightly diminished. But that's just my preference.
While walking around, we reminisced about how when we first started looking to move to the city, we were set on living in Chelsea. We actually looked at a studio apartment just blocks from both the Highline and Jordan's school that would have been perfect, really. Brick walls, fireplace, functional kitchen, perfect location. But being the naive apartment hunters that we were, we thought we needed more space, and couldn't believe how much people paid for 400 square feet of living space! We laugh now, knowing that apartment was a steal at that price. If we had the chance to go back in time, I think we would have taken that apartment. Who knows, maybe one day we'll have the chance to live in Chelsea again.
After walking around Chelsea a bit more, we made a quick trip to Trader Joe's, then headed home to watch Star Trek: Into Darkness. I'd tell you I fell asleep half-way through, but I'm pretty sure you've already (correctly) assumed that by now. Cheers to going on dates and making the weekends count!
P.S. our last visit to the Highline when my parents were in town here
(Just realized we first watched Star Trek II after walking the Highline with them :)
Trekkies + the Highline forever!)
(Just realized we first watched Star Trek II after walking the Highline with them :)
Trekkies + the Highline forever!)
Your date nights inspire me! And I'm so glad you fall asleep during movies, too. Aaron always makes fun of me for doing that!
ReplyDelete