Saturday, September 28, 2013

e is for exhibit.

Whitney Museum
Aaaaaand we're back for another date night. Holla! Coming up with an E date was a challenge. At least it was until we remembered how the Whitney museum is showing an Edward Hopper exhibit right now. The Whitney is Jordan's favorite museum, but I had never been. So just like that, we had a plan. Bam.
Whitney Museum
The Whitney is located on the Upper East side, which is a funny kind of place. Only one subway line runs through it so it's not exactly the easiest place to get to. We rarely make it over there, but whenever we do, I always feel a bit out of place. It just feels... ritzy. I'm definitely not an UES kind of girl. UWS? Maybe someday. West Village? How I wish.
Whitney Museum
I'm always interested to hear what Jordan thinks about other artists. He notices so much more than I do. I've over here like "Pretty colors!!!!!" and he's all "The composition of this piece is so dynamic and the perspective and linework and..." So I usually just nod my head and say things like "Oh yeah, I noticed that, too." #lifeofanartistswife
Whitney Museum
Worthy of note, the Whitney is a crazy looking building. But crazy in a good way. Also worthy of note, there is a puppy store nearby the museum that we somehow found ourselves inside of while looking for cokes. Funny how that happened. So we held the little french bulldog that they had for sale and quickly handed him back after we noted the $3,000 price tag. And that's why you don't buy dogs on the UES (or from any puppy store, for that matter).

And then we found some cokes. The end.
Whitney Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...