Monday, January 14, 2013

While on the 2 train to Brooklyn


The other night, I rode on the subway with Jordan for a couple hours into Brooklyn and back while he drew people sitting across from us on the train. I brought my kindle and read about Queen Elizabeth II while he sketched away in his notebook as a part of his school assignment. I admit that I didn't get much reading done because it was so fascinating to watch people's reactions when they noticed what he was doing. Some people were embarrassed when they realized he was drawing them while others were flattered and sat very still so that he could capture them. In a way, it was as much of a social experiment as it was a drawing exercise! Here's just a few of his sketches he did that night (for more of his work, check out his blog).



4 comments:

  1. Your husband is so talented. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool sketches! Talk about talent.

    xo
    Hailey
    www.somethingdevineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- I love those sketches. I'm in art school myself actually! can I ask where he goes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He goes to the School of Visual Arts! He's getting his MFA in Illustration. I'm a huge fan of his work ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...