Thursday, January 17, 2013

My NYC to-do list


When we first moved to New York (has it really been almost 5 months?), I made a list of things I wanted to do here in the city. At the time, I was jobless and had endless amounts of time, so I thought it might take me a couple months max to complete the list. Welllllll, I got a job. So needless to say, the majority of my list is still unchecked (Not that I'm complaining! I'll take a paycheck over a trip to the Bronx zoo almost every time ;)

I'm kind of a list-making fanatic. Grocery lists, to-do lists, pro/con lists, I don't discriminate. I'm an equal opportunity list-maker. I'll admit that I'd almost forgotten about this lists, but when we're stuck and can't think of anything to do on a weekend, it comes in handy. My favorite thing I've done on the list so far? Probably walk the High Line in Chelsea (an above-ground subway line turned walkway and garden) and taste Magnolia's banana pudding (they put cake in the pudding I swear there's crack in it). The donuts at Doughnut Plant were good, but we thought that the creme brulee ones were overhyped. Not enough bite for your buck. I already mentioned Rice to Riches in this post, but it merits saying again that it was amazing. I also mentioned my first library trip here although I'm such a goof ball that I didn't realize the very best library (the Mid-Manhattan branch) was literally right across the street from it, not a 15 minute walk away. What a noob! ;)

As for future adventures, I'm most excited about trying the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity's and exploring the American Museum of Natural History. There's so much (bold, underline, italicize) to do in New York that I want to make sure I hit all the good stuff while we're here. Any suggestions for things I should add to my list? Some day I'll make a big ole' What You Should See While You're in NYC list, but I haven't reached that level of expertness just yet. One of these days.

(Please note that the majority of the items on this list are food-related. That is no coincidence. The city is best experienced through food, in my opinion)

1 comment:

  1. That's a really great idea to make a bucket list after you've moved to a new place. Maybe you can make it a goal to make sure you accomplish everything on there in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...